A Question? An answer!
You should find here all the answers to your most frequent questions. If not, please feel free to contact us.
What is our manufacturing process ?
- The 100% Quebec pottery mugs: Those are handmade products by ceramic artist, Hugo Didier (atelier Not made in China)
- The recycled mugs : We collect them from Salvation Army Community Services, and vintage shops.
- The chalkboard applied : We always begin with hand-drawing the pattern on a paper sheet. When we are satisfied with the end result, we create the stencil which is glued to the mug. We usually apply two coats of black paint. When the paint surface is dry, we take off the stencil and clean the pattern. Then we can draw the details with a pencil, before engraving them with a scalpel.
As you can notice, we want to offer creations that can fit with any clients' needs. That's why we've decided to let you the choice between different kinds of mugs, choice which do promote: local buying, recycling and/or your wallet.
What we are the most concerned about is to be able to offer you quality & customisable products for any occasion: travel, wedding, birthday, relocating...
It's with this in mind that we implemented a customizing service: choose your building/pattern, the kind of mug you would like to own (or bring yours). For prices & lead time, please contact us !
You'd like to offer our products as a gift, but you have no time or possibility to wrap them ?
No big deal ! We wrap every mug in a design gift box. In addition, we always attach a charming note about our creations. If ever you would enjoy adding a personnal touch, please feel free to tell us, we would be pleased to help you making this gift unique and personalized !
What to do if your mug has lost its chalkboard pattern ?
We use a very high quality chalkboard ceramic paint. The manufacturer indicates that, after the mug is cooked in the oven, it can be washed in the dishwasher without any problem.
Unfortunetaly, we have some returns (a very few, but in case, we have to face it ! ).
If so, we suggest you to come to our workshop on appointement, so that we replace the defective product.
If you don't live in Montreal, please send us a photo of your defective product and we will send you back a new mug.
Where can you find our creations?
Several shops are currently selling our products (for special orders and 100% Quebec handmade mugs, please fill the contact form):
Montréal : - ArtPop, 129 Mont-Royal East ave. High & large mugs of Montreal without détails.
Tel : (514) 843-3443
- Belle et Rebelle, 6321 Saint-Hubert st. Large mugs of Mont-Royal & Expo 67. High of Montreal.
Tel : (514) 315-4903
- Tah-Dah!, 156 Jean-Talon East st. High & large mugs of Montreal without détails
Tel : (514) 271-1313
- Musée des Beaux-Arts of Montréal gift shop, Librairie-M. High & large mugs of Montreal without details
Tel : (514) 285-1600
- Musée d'Art Contemporain gift shop.High & large mugs of Montreal without details
Tel : (514) 847-6904
- McCord museum gift shop. High & large mugs of Montreal without détails.
Tel : (514) 398-7100
- Swell Fellow, 340 Notre-Dame East Street.
Tel : (514) 815-2714
- Coop UQAM Store, 400 Ste Catherine East Street
Tel : (514) 987-3000 ext 3984
- L'atelier du coin de la rue, 436 de Bienville street. Exclusive series on the "enchanted forest"
Tel : (438) 397-8732
- Botanical Garden gift shop. Large mugs of Montréal.
Tel : (514) 872-1434
- Pointe-à-Callière Museum gift shop. 100% Quebec handmade mugs of Montréal
Tel : (514) 872-9149
- Degré Montréal, Container n°16, Walk of the Old Harbor docks
Tel : (514) 722-0102
- Spa Bota Bota gift shop, old port, de La Commune & Mc Gill corner.
Tel : (514) 284-0333
- West Elm, 995 Wellington Street, suite 100
Tel : (514) 861-2809
- Coccinelle Jaune, 4236 St-Catherine East Street.
Tel : (514) 259-9038
Sherbrooke : -Tricot Thé Serré Store, 201 Jacques Cartier Sud.
Tel : (819) 575-1410
- Joséphine Store, 150 Wellington Nord.
Tel : (819) 823-0505
St Jean-sur-Richelieu : - Gipsy Bohème Store, 136 Richelieu Street
Tel : (450) 346-0346
Gatineau : - Roméo&Stella Store, rue principale
Tel : (613) 899-4349
Trois Rivières : La Meraki Store, 1376 Hart Street.
Tel : (819) 979-2779
Toronto : - Boutique Labour Of Love, 223 Carlton Street.
Tel : (416) 923-8988
- Art Gallery of Ontario Museum, 217 Dundas st W.
Tel : (416) 979-6648
- Musée Royal de l'Ontario, 100 Queens Park.
Tel : (416) 586-8000
- Spacing Store, 401 Richmond St W.
Tel : (416) 644-1017
How much is the shipping ?
- I live in Montreal : You can directly pick your item up at the workshop (we are near Joliette metro station) and save the shipping charge. Just enter the code "PICKUP" when you are ordering.
- I live in Canada : Shipping is 13 CAD$
- I live in the U.S: Shipping is 21 CAD$
- I live somewhere else on Earth : Shipping is 35 CAD$ (by airmail). To reduce the costs, we can ship your order by boat (about 17 CAD$): the packages will be delivered within 2 - 3 months. Please, note there is no delivery following identification number in that case: Aliceinmontreal shall not be liable for any loss during transit if you choose boat shipping.
International items may be subject to customs processing and aditionnal charges.